|9/16/2014 5:58:00 PM|
Minutes from September 2014 Meeting
Attendance and Quorum:
- a. ChairmanCeleste Suttercalled themeetingtoorderat6:00 PM.
- b. There was a quorum with 9 memberspresentincluding: Richard Ashby, Dave Bell, Robert Black, Robert Fitzgerald, Shannon Gillespie, Tammy Monroe, Mark Petersen, Celeste Sutter, and Shane Williams.
- c. 5 members were absent.
- d. There were no guests present.
- e. This meeting was not filmed by TV15.
Approval of Minutes from last meeting:
- a. The Chairman asked for a motion to approve the minutes as written from the August meeting. Dave Bell motioned to approve the minutes and Mark Petersen seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
- a. ChairmanCeleste Sutterpresented thefiscal reportfromAccount1152. The balance is $5562.91 as of August 31, 2014.
- b. No claims were presented to the committee for approval at this time.
- a. Tabletop Exercise—The Committee discussed the tabletop exercise to occurfollowing the next LEPC meeting on October 9th. The Plan for the Exercise has been submitted. The Exercise will include involvement from numerous emergency response organizations and agencies throughout the community.
- b. 2015 HMEP Grants—Grant requests have been submitted and we are awaiting confirmation for 2015 for the following requests:
- a. Training Grants requested to attend:
- i. IERC Conference in Indianapolis
- ii. NASTTPO Mid-Year Conference in Huston, TX
- iii. NASTTPO Annual Conference in Portland, ME
- b. Planning Grants requested for:
- i. Bridge Flow Study—as per Sam George’s recommendation based on the results of the 2014 Bridge Flow Study.
- a. NASTTPO Mid-Year Conference in Huston, TX—Robert Black made a motion to approve funding from the LEPC to send Dave Bell to the NASTTPO Mid-Year and Hot Zone Conference in Huston, TX in the event that 2015 HMEP Grant funding is denied or delayed. Tammy Monroe seconded the motion. Motion carried by unanimous vote.
Report from the HazMat Team:
- a. Nothing new reported at this time.
- a. Public Comments – none
- b. Ethics Training—still needs to be completed. No new updates at this time.
- a. The next IERC meeting will be held in Indianapolis on Monday, November 10th at 1:00 pm at Indiana Government Center South, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
- b. NASTTPO Mid-Year and Hot Zone Conference will be held in Huston, TX on October 14th through the 16th at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 8686 Kirby Drive, Houston, TX, 77054
Next meeting: October 9th 2014 (Madison Airport Conference Room, 6:00PM). The 2014 LEPC Tabletop Exercise will be held immediately following the October meeting.
Dave Bell made a motion to adjourn and Tammy Monroe seconded the motion. Motion carried. There being no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 6:17 pm.
Article Comment Submission Form