|9/16/2014 5:51:00 PM|
Minutes from May 2014 Meeting
Attendance and Quorum:
- a. ChairmanCeleste Suttercalled themeetingtoorderat6:00 PM.
- b. There was a quorum with 11 memberspresentincluding: Richard Ashby, Dave Bell, Robert Black, Shannon Gillespie, Joe Michna, Tammy Monroe, Mark Petersen, James Plum, Celeste Sutter, Dave Thomas, and Michael White.
- c. 3 members were absent.
- d. 2 guests, Mark Storm with KDH EMS, and Michael Scott of TV15 attended. Michael Scott also filmed the meeting for TV15.
Approval of Minutes from last meeting:
- a. The Chairman asked for a motion to approve the minutes as written from the April meeting. Dave Bell motioned to approve the minutes and Robert Black seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
- a. ChairmanCeleste Sutterpresented thefiscal reportfromAccount1152. The balance is $6341.68 as of April 30th.
- b. 3 claims were presented to the committee for approval:
- a. $1726.43 for expenses to attend the NASTTPO Conference by Joe Michna.
- b. $50.16 for mileage to and from the airport to attend the Conference by Joe Michna.
- c. $55.00 for the gift plaque for Jim Plum’s years of loyal service.
- d. The Chairman asked for a motion to approve payment of these claims. Dave Bell motioned to approve payment of all presented claims, and Dave Thomas seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
- a. Tabletop Exercise—The Committee discussed the tabletop exercise to occur later in the year. Robert Black, the Chairman of that sub-committee, had previously stated that tentative plans for the exercise indicate that it will take place in September. There are no new updates at this time.
- b. HazCat Workshop—Michael White presented the updates on the HazCat Workshop scheduled to take place in July. At this time, 2 trainees from Montana are registered, as well as 4 from Jefferson County. The company presenting the training has advertised the event to many of their customers in our region to help bolster attendance.
- a. Bridge Flow Study—Sam George has submitted a proposal to complete the study for $2,000. They will monitor the bridge traffic for 20 hours during daylight time, Monday through Friday, and prepare a spreadsheet and written summary of the types and amounts of hazardous materials sited. Information will also be collected on type of truck and direction of travel. Observations will begin and be completed in June 2014, and the information will be presented in a PowerPoint presentation as well as by spreadsheet analysis. The study would also qualify for HMEP Grant funding.
- b. The Chairman asked for a motion to accept the proposal from Sam George for the completion of the Bridge Flow Study. Dave Bell motioned to accept the proposal, and Robert Black seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
Report from the HazMat Team:
- a. Michael White presented the report from the HazMat team—there were no runs or incidents to report. A new Mutual Aid Agreement has been signed with Ripley County for HazMat services. They also have a Mutual Aid Agreement in effect with Jennings County for HazMat services.
- a. Public Comments – none
- b. Tier II Reports—there are 5 Tier II Reports that remain outstanding: 3 from the city of Madison, and 2 from local industry. Cara Cyrus, the Vice-chairman of the LEPC, is following up on these.
- c. Emergency Plan 2014 updates—we are still waiting on 5 Tier II reports that we will need in order to complete the Emergency Plan updates. There are also several sections that need to be reviewed and revised. Celeste Sutter, the Chairman of the LEPC, and Shannon Gillespie, the Secretary/Treasurer are working on this process.
- d. Ethics Training—Ethics training is scheduled to take place between June and August. All roster members of the LEPC are required to complete this Ethics training.
- a. IERC Conference will be held in Indianapolis on August 20th-23rd at the Sheraton at Keystone Crossing. The meeting starts at 1pm in the Government Center. Shannon Gillespie is planning to attend.
- b. IERC meeting will be held in Fountain County at Covington on May 12th at 1:00 pm at Beef House, 16501 Indiana 63, Covington, IN 47932.
- c. HazCat Workshop will be held July 15th-18th at the Madison Township Fire Department.
Next meeting: June 12, 2014 (Madison Airport Conference Room, 6:00PM)
Dave Bell made a motion to adjourn and Robert Black seconded the motion. Motion carried. There being no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 6:17 pm.
Article Comment Submission Form