|9/16/2014 5:43:00 PM|
Minutes from April 2014 Meeting
Attendance and Quorum:
- Chairman Celeste Sutter called the meeting to order at 6:02 PM.
- There was a quorum with 10 members present including: Richard Ashby, Robert Black, Cara Cyrus, Robert Fitzgerald, Shannon Gillespie, Tammy Monroe, Mark Petersen, James Plum, Celeste Sutter, and Dave Thomas.
- 3 members were absent.
- 2 guests were present: Michael White, the new Hazmat Chief for Madison Township, and Michael Scott of TV15 attended and filmed the meeting for TV15.
Approval of Minutes from last meeting:
- The Chairman asked for a motion to approve the minutes as written from the March meeting. Cara motioned to approve the minutes and Tammy seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
- Chairman Celeste Sutter presented the fiscal report from Account 272. The balance is $3665.08 as of March 31, 2014.
- 1 claim was presented to the committee for approval:
- Claim from Shannon Gillespie for mileage to IERC meeting on March 10th in the amount of $22.88
- The Chairman asked for a motion to approve payment of these claims. Cara Cyrus motioned to approve payment, and Jim Plum seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
- Tabletop Exercise—The Committee discussed the tabletop exercise to occur later in the year. Robert Black, the Chairman of that sub-committee, stated that tentative plans for the exercise indicate that it will take place in September. There are no new updates at this time.
- HazCat Workshop—The Committee discussed assisting in the payment of training of Hazmat technicians at the upcoming HazCat Workshop. Celeste stated that she had communicated with Ian from the IERC, and we are allowed to allocate LEPC funds in that manner. The cost of the workshop is $750 per person for a 4 day course providing certification in HazCat equipment that will replace the Hazmat team’s analyzer that is no longer functioning. The Madison Township Hazmat team plans to send 4 people to the training. The decision of how much we will be able to contribute will be discussed at the May meeting.
- A plaque was presented to Jim Plum for his many years of loyal service to the LEPC upon his impending retirement. Thank you Jim! You will be missed.
- Membership Roster—Sandy Sailor has resigned as a member of the LEPC and has been officially removed from the roster. Michael White, the new Madison Township Hazmat Chief, was invited to join the LEPC. Robert Black motioned to approve Michael as a new member, and Mark Petersen seconded the motion. Motion carried by unanimous vote. Welcome to the LEPC, Mike!
- Flow Study—Now that the new Madison/Milton bridge has been completed and slid into place, a Flow Study needs to be completed regarding traffic across the bridge carrying Hazardous Materials. A request has been sent with a $2000 addendum for the Flow Study. We will discuss this further in May when we have more information.
Report from the HazMat Team:
- New equipment has been received that was purchased recently using grant money.
- Public Comments – none
- NASTTPO Conference will be held in New Orleans April 22nd – 24th. Joe Michna is planning to attend.
- IERC Conference will be held in Indianapolis on August 20th-23rd at the Sheraton at Keystone Crossing. The meeting starts at 1pm in the Government Center.
- IERC meeting will be held in Fountain County at Covington on May 12th at 1:00 pm.
- HazCat Workshop will be held July 15th-18th at the Madison Township Fire Department.
Next meeting: May 8, 2014 (Madison Airport Conference Room, 6:00PM)
Richard made a motion to adjourn and Cara seconded the motion. Motion carried. There being no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 6:28 pm.
Shannon Gillespie, Secretary/Treasurer
Article Comment Submission Form